VN Ren'Py Game of Inches [vC1.E2.0] [Remveer]

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes

Juerhullycin

Feb 4, 2024
The problem is everyone's definition of ugly is different. Even if I made her absolutely busted someone is going to be disappointed that she's not getting a scene with the MC. On the other hand If I don't give Montez someone to chase, anytime he interacts with any of the MC's love interest people are gonna be worried about NTR (some still might). It's a lose lose unfortunately.
Make it a tripple win situation with those 3 easy steps
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
The problem is everyone's definition of ugly is different. Even if I made her absolutely busted someone is going to be disappointed that she's not getting a scene with the MC. On the other hand If I don't give Montez someone to chase, anytime he interacts with any of the MC's love interest people are gonna be worried about NTR (some still might). It's a lose lose unfortunately.
i think games like grandma's house and wvm are good ways ate MC having a male friend and/or interacting with MC's Li without making players feel like MC is going to be cucked.

to be clear i dont care if Montez has his own girl. i just feel like the girls model was more desirable than Jessica's model. (IMO) she just seemed more unique in her looks.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Make it a tripple win situation with those 3 easy steps
Eh, i kinda like the dude. For once not the typical creep, perv, moron best friend, which i want to shoot in the face after the first 5min.

I mean, you could just give him a gf and make it clear he's loyal...
Or just have a talk where he makes it clear he won't try his luck with the girls the MC is interested in, like bro before hoes or whatever.
You could also make him gay...but honestly i don't like it, just too cliche imo.
But yeah, that girl Montez was into is wasted on the dude...

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Eh, i kinda like the dude. For once not the typical creep, perv, moron best friend, which i want to shoot in the face after the first 5min.

I mean, you could just give him a gf and make it clear he's loyal...
Or just have a talk where he makes it clear he won't try his luck with the girls the MC is interested in, like bro before hoes or whatever.
You could also make him gay...but honestly i don't like it, just too cliche imo.
But yeah, that girl Montez was into is wasted on the dude...
To be clear, I'm not saying every girl that ever appears on screen needs to be with MC or she is a wasted character, this is just discussion and getting my thoughts out about the broader topics so its usefulness may very...

You created an attractive character that you obviously care about, or she wouldn't be in the story, so you want her to be involved but for some reason don't want her to be involved with the Mc. For many players it just feels like an odd choice. Especially in a story that is being set up with a goal of a harem in mind. If she is attractive, you like her and want her in the story, and the players like her and want her with the Mc it seems like the obvious thing would be to make her a love interest and that the worst thing you could do would be to give her to someone else as a love interest.

I also feel like it is a false bifurcation fallacy on the male friend front as well. Either he has someone to chase, or players will get NTR vibes: those are not the only two options on the table. As you stated, those vibes won't go away just because he has someone to chase anyway, especially if she is an on-screen attractive girl that the Mc spends time with too. In fact, him "chasing" someone gives more of those vibes because it makes it feel like he wants a girl and thus in the back of some player's minds the worry will always be there, "If he fails to get some other girl, he could target another girl since he's single and wants a girl." Him being straight, single, and actively chasing girls, actually make the vibes worse for many players and that is even more so when it seems like him chasing a girl has made her unavailable for the Mc when otherwise she could have been.

This is one of the many reasons that the "gay best friend" isn't just a cliché in AVNs but also romance movies and books. Clichés and troupes become a thing because they work, and so people use them. They aren't inherently bad, and this one is there for a rather good reason. The gay best friend is a man that can be a friend to both the male and female characters without any ulterior motive or fear of competition. It dates back to the 80's at least (and even back into antiquity if you consider the GBF to just be a modern evolution of the "eunuch" character troupe) as a storytelling troupe in romance and romance-comedy movies and stories and is used in AVNs for the same reasons it was used there. But like Raziel said, that is a cliché so you might want to avoid it perhaps. Another option is that he has a girlfriend (or even already a wife depending) off screen that we never see or only see in silhouette or using camera tricks and it is clear that he is a one-woman guy. Similar to the dead father cliché that gets lambasted on the forums it isn't unique to AVNs dispite how some people talk around here. The dead father cliché dates back to some of the oldest stories we have in literature. It is one of the quickest story events that forces the main character as a boy to become the main character as a man.

Several games handle both of these issues in different ways.

Since I still haven't played the game (as I said earlier in the thread, I usually wait a couple updates to play new games) I'm not giving any strict advice. I'm just speaking in broad terms about the topics at hand. Hopefully you find a great way to balance your vision for your story and the desires of your target audience and make the best story you can. (y)

I hope you all have enjoyed another JoeTheMc essay, ;)

Last edited:

grahegri

drunk off sake
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
GameOfInches-C1E1.001
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
To be clear, I'm not saying every girl that ever appears on screen needs to be with MC or she is a wasted character, this is just discussion and getting my thoughts out about the broader topics so its usefulness may very...

You created an attractive character that you obviously care about, or she wouldn't be in the story, so you want her to be involved but for some reason don't want her to be involved with the Mc. For many players it just feels like an odd choice. Especially in a story that is being set up with a goal of a harem in mind. If she is attractive, you like her and want her in the story, and the players like her and want her with the Mc it seems like the obvious thing would be to make her a love interest and that the worst thing you could do would be to give her to someone else as a love interest.

I also feel like it is a false bifurcation fallacy on the male friend front as well. Either he has someone to chase, or players will get NTR vibes: those are not the only two options on the table. As you stated, those vibes won't go away just because he has someone to chase anyway, especially if she is an on-screen attractive girl that the Mc spends time with too. In fact, him "chasing" someone gives more of those vibes because it makes it feel like he wants a girl and thus in the back of some player's minds the worry will always be there, "If he fails to get some other girl, he could target another girl since he's single and wants a girl." Him being straight, single, and actively chasing girls, actually make the vibes worse for many players and that is even more so when it seems like him chasing a girl has made her unavailable for the Mc when otherwise she could have been.

This is one of the many reasons that the "gay best friend" isn't just a cliché in AVNs but also romance movies and books. Clichés and troupes become a thing because they work, and so people use them. They aren't inherently bad, and this one is there for a rather good reason. The gay best friend is a man that can be a friend to both the male and female characters without any ulterior motive or fear of competition. It dates back to the 80's at least (and even back into antiquity if you consider the GBF to just be a modern evolution of the "eunuch" character troupe) as a storytelling troupe in romance and romance-comedy movies and stories and is used in AVNs for the same reasons it was used there. But like Raziel said, that is a cliché so you might want to avoid it perhaps. Another option is that he has a girlfriend (or even already a wife depending) off screen that we never see or only see in silhouette or using camera tricks and it is clear that he is a one-woman guy. Similar to the dead father cliché that gets lambasted on the forums it isn't unique to AVNs dispite how some people talk around here. The dead father cliché dates back to some of the oldest stories we have in literature. It is one of the quickest story events that forces the main character as a boy to become the main character as a man.

Several games handle both of these issues in different ways.

Since I still haven't played the game (as I said earlier in the thread, I usually wait a couple updates to play new games) I'm not giving any strict advice. I'm just speaking in broad terms about the topics at hand. Hopefully you find a great way to balance your vision for your story and the desires of your target audience and make the best story you can. (y)

I hope you all have enjoyed another JoeTheMc essay, ;)
I never did get ntr vibes from the friend to be honest.
From his reaction to that girl i got more the love at first sight vibe. And yes, she's attraktive, but at the end it doesn't really matter if the friend get's her imo, it's jut one girl and it's not like we get to know her or she's teased as a LI, add to that we get an other good looking girl.
Why not make this girl he's pursuing his gf in the future, problem solved.

Also to be clear, i don't like ntr/sharing/swinging etc, but some people are really, really way too hypersensitive and get ntr panic if there is as much as a staight male in a render and he's standing a bit close to a girl...
If you can't even have a best friend, without making them gay, impotent or castrate them, that's a rather pathetic display imo.
Also it's not like we can get every girl which appears on screen and making all we can't get ugly is just dumb...
I would like it if we get a bit of normalcy at least, like we could spend some fun time with Montez and his girl and MC + girls, or other friends (fun as in a group date, or just hanging out, not swinging).
I also don't think it's a problem if it is showed that other friends female or male characters are in a romantic relationship, it's not like we need to see them fuck.

There is also always the option to show that the LI's are loyal, for example if some other guy hit's on them, they just make it clear that they are not interested, or only interested in the MC.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
You guys can try to use vaild logic and sound reasoning but some of these people unironically want the only non female character in any game they play to be JUST the MC......doesn't matter if that would never work in a damn FOOTBALL game (requires a football teams worth of guys) :KEK:

They don't want anywhere close to logical or believeable stories they want a space where they are utterly safe, can do no wrong, and (finally!) get the "females" they've so clearly deserved for so long

Last edited:

ODX

Apr 3, 2018
Also to be clear, i don't like ntr/sharing/swinging etc, but some people are really, really way too hypersensitive and get ntr panic if there is as much as a staight male in a render and he's standing a bit close to a girl...
If you can't even have a best friend, without making them gay, impotent or castrate them, that's a rather pathetic display imo.
Also it's not like we can get every girl which appears on screen and making all we can't get ugly is just dumb...
I would like it if we get a bit of normalcy at least, like we could spend some fun time with Montez and his girl and MC + girls, or other friends (fun as in a group date, or just hanging out, not swinging).
Couldn't agree more, I want stories that make a modicum of sense. Harem does not equal every girl in the world fall all over your dick, just that you can get multiple girls to agree to share you(MC).

You guys can try to use vaild logic and sound reasoning but some of these people unironically want the only non female character in any game they play to be JUST the MC......doesn't matter if that would never work in a damn FOOTBALL game (requires a football teams worth of guys) :KEK:

They don't want anywhere close to logical or believeable stories they want a space where they are utterly safe, can do no wrong, and (finally!) get the "females" they've so clearly deserved for so long
Love the sarcasm that this quote is just dripping with in abundance.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Love the sarcasm that this quote is just dripping with in abundance.
Unfortunately the top part of my reply was not sarcasm I've seen it in other games that focus on some sort of team sport, if you give the other guys a committed relationship people cry about not getting to bang that girl in a VN that has no planned story and if you don't put them in a committed relationship then every other word out of their mouth will be "avOiDNTR??!?!".

I guess you could make every single other male in the collegiate league gay but then they'd probably bitch that they are just faking it to take girls away :KEK:

holaje12

Dec 17, 2018
I just saw the woman that's being talked about and while she is not ugly, she is just average, like perfect for the role the dev is giving her in the game. Tbh I dont think she is better looking than any of the other ones in the game (though I guess that's a personal opinion). Man, some of your comments got me thinking the dev had wasted a complete bombshell model on a character we would barely see.

If giving her to the friend is the price to pay for no ntr/sharing shenanigans in the game, that sounds pretty good.

Juerhullycin

Feb 4, 2024
I just saw the woman that's being talked about and while she is not ugly, she is just average, like perfect for the role the dev is giving her in the game. Tbh I dont think she is better looking than any of the other ones in the game (though I guess that's a personal opinion). Man, some of your comments got me thinking the dev had wasted a complete bombshell model on a character we would barely see.

If giving her to the friend is the price to pay for no ntr/sharing shenanigans in the game, that sounds pretty good.

we both know how it goes on that slippery slope right there.
1714552684641.jpg

Edwarf

Jun 8, 2017
vC1E1.001

Fooled (once more) for all those giving stars for free, just played this... and right now only shows a guy playing american football, and a single girl, if you decide yo are interested; if not, there's nothing.
The "incest" is reduced to a glimpse to the MC's mothers (if you stablish that relationship) cleavage.

Bravo, good job, salutations to those fanboys, good luck and whatever. I'm not going to waste my time with this anymore.

Reactions: Pun1sh3r13

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
vC1E1.001

Fooled (once more) for all those giving stars for free, just played this... and right now only shows a guy playing american football, and a single girl, if you decide yo are interested; if not, there's nothing.
The "incest" is reduced to a glimpse to the MC's mothers (if you stablish that relationship) cleavage.

Bravo, good job, salutations to those fanboys, good luck and whatever. I'm not going to waste my time with this anymore.
not an airport.jpg

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
vC1E1.001

What did you expect from a first release ?
That he will have a full harem going on and having threesomes with the mother and sister...

Reactions: drdiver3

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
What did you expect from a first release ?
That he will have a full harem going on and having threesomes with the mother and sister...
I think a lot (way to many at least) think that the game is finished on the first release. They can not wait for the story to develop and heaven help anyone if it is not all sex. A story driven game is horrible according to them.

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes