VN Ren'Py Game of Inches [vC1.E2.0] [Remveer]

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes

ODX

Apr 3, 2018
Also, college rules state that schools themselves cannot offer NIL deals (unless that changed recently, but I doubt it) so offering that contract would be a recruiting violation. What they CAN do is brag about their NIL networks, about what other players on their team get, etc. NIL is given by businesses, not the school
Actually, as I understand it, they(the universities) are given access to a pool of donations that are used to make the deals, and every deal usually involves doing an advertisement or appearance in exchange for the money. So long as they do this though, there can't be any restrictions placed on them by the universities, as technically the money isn't coming directly from them. So yeah, if you do the advertisement, etc. you can take the money and never play a down. Not likely, but at some point this is going to happen.
I heard that USC's NIL budget was about 20 million, and Texas and Texas A&M reputedly have around 40 million to spend on players. It is why Nick Saban retired.

Reactions: Remveer

ddfd

Jun 24, 2018
Actually, as I understand it, they(the universities) are given access to a pool of donations that are used to make the deals, and every deal usually involves doing an advertisement or appearance in exchange for the money. So long as they do this though, there can't be any restrictions placed on them by the universities, as technically the money isn't coming directly from them. So yeah, if you do the advertisement, etc. you can take the money and never play a down. Not likely, but at some point this is going to happen.
I heard that USC's NIL budget was about 20 million, and Texas and Texas A&M reputedly have around 40 million to spend on players. It is why Nick Saban retired.
Yeah, I do remember reading something about that having changed. My understanding was that those appearances used to require being managed by a separate entity, usually the affiliated media outlet, and that they've allowed the schools to cut out the middleman now. I don't know how much that changes anything, though.

Also, those amounts for the school NIL budgets is not what is managed by the school itself, just what people have pledged to their NIL collective to be used by the coaching staff. Which just means "this is how much we're willing to pay, just tell us who to offer it to." Businesses are still free to do whatever they want for NIL contracts, just look at Nike and Oregon.

Reactions: Remveer and ODX

Spyderwraith

Jul 21, 2017
When the scout comes in and is all like "You must be mrs[mclastname] it really throws away immersion just sayin

Remveer

Game Developer
Aug 11, 2024
Also, college rules state that schools themselves cannot offer NIL deals (unless that changed recently, but I doubt it) so offering that contract would be a recruiting violation.
I've been reading into NIL more I'm aware of the numbers but how Colleges use NIL in recruiting is where my knowledge becomes more fuzzy.

There has been an avenue opened up for schools to pay students directly you can read more about it here if your interested.

As far as the offer not being enough. It's meant to serve more as and introduction than an offer. The MC was a promising recruit as a junior in HS but was falling apart towards the end of the season as he was dealing with the loss of his father. So everyone's kind of watching and waiting to see if he continues to spiral or if he will turn things around.

I tried to not make the offer sound too good to be true. The MC could never complete another pass and he'd still be getting a guaranteed full ride and 12k a year. The offer is also non-binding on the MC's side so he's able to field and accept other offers. LC and other Colleges will make more "traditional" offers towards the end of his senior season if he plays well. The $1000 might still be too low though. I'm not married to it. I'm willing to hear more feedback.

Reactions: Vortex@

Remveer

Game Developer
Aug 11, 2024
When the scout comes in and is all like "You must be mrs[mclastname] it really throws away immersion just sayin
It's a bug that only was showing up in the compiled version of the game. I did most of my testing on the dev version and was mostly just skimming through and checking the release version to make sure nothing was broken and I missed that error. It has since been fixed and I'll be releasing a bug fixed version soon just giving it another day or two incase anything else shows up that I can correct.

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
I don't really know anything about college football since I'm not from US and not into sports but I have to agree that 1000$ a month sounded somewhat low even for me. However with he non binding nature of the offer I expect that other schools will try to poach the MC when he gets better so the actual offer from the school will come then so it's more a kin to "we'll pay for your education in memory of your father even if you won't play anymore" kind of deal in which case the 1000$ a month and free education in US is pretty good deal.

I guess it depends on how the plot will move forward with the manager issue and what she says and depending on how the MC takes the offer. If it's taken as "we'll start with this and renegotiate when the MC gets back to top form" then I'd say it's fine as it is.

Since I didn't give any general feedback before might as well now.
All in all it was a good first release. There was something about the dialogue that didn't feel completely right and was nagging at me but I couldn't really put my finger on it. Especially in the car and in the discussion between the sister and the mother.
Also it might be just me but I was somewhat annoyed in the sex scene with Jessica with the use of caps lock. Yeah I know it's there to show how intense it is for her but when the MC was somewhat concerned earlier that her mom is already asleep and they know that the sister knows they're in his room then it would be nice the get some kind of reaction from him when she gets loud to know how loud and how likely was she to wake up the whole house.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
Fun first release, with a ton of potential. Two points of contention.

Firstly, for its size, there's not much content. It's over a Gig and still only plays for ten minutes without any particularly high quality renders. Bad compression, or just not using efficient image types?

Secondly I think the 'host' and her 'tenant' are super cute and that's great and all, but Patreon is cracking down on that stuff hard. Not sure how long until they give you the ban hammer, Dev. Need to find an alt pay site like Subscribestar.

Good luck and I'll sub.

• Haha

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I will definitely take a look into rewording the description so it comes off a little more clear..

I'm a big football fan but I want to keep the terms/jargon to a minimum at least at the beginning of the game. Don't want to overwhelm players who know nothing or next to nothing about football before they've had a chance to get into the story. If you can remember what word you were thinking of please let me know. I tried racking my brain about what word you could mean and couldn't come to a definitive conclusion.
Ah, God. I still can't remember but no need to worry about the jargon thing. It was like a general term that people always use when referring to college sports. It's like a key word or phrase that makes me think, "Oh okay, this guy actually follows this stuff." Again, it's been a long-ass time since I followed any sports.

Side note: I also thought of something like, "You'll meet several interesting characters as you navigate through the journey of this college- bound, high school senior." Obviously the wording's still kind of awkward but I'm just spit-balling some ideas.

Reactions: Remveer
Aug 14, 2017
I agree I don't like it when incest games have too many characters, getting your mom to agree to sex should be enough plot for an entire game in my opinion. I really hope this game will be heavily focused on the mom.
I disagree with this because those incest games are often drug out and milked to death with like one tease or hand-wringing moralizing per update. At least in a harem/incest game, you can have plenty of action with other characters leading up to the mom/sis finally giving it up.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I disagree with this because those incest games are often drug out and milked to death with like one tease or hand-wringing moralizing per update. At least in a harem/incest game, you can have plenty of action with other characters leading up to the mom/sis finally giving it up.
not just that unless you a person that really loves incest no matter what. I feel more characters than incest ones are great. As i'm a picky person when it comes to incest characters alot of them I don't like for one reason or another. So having other characters to keep my interest is a good thing. Not just that makes the AVN feel more alive if there is more characters to interact with.

Reactions: battali0n

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
not just that unless you a person that really loves incest no matter what. I feel more characters than incest ones are great. As i'm a picky person when it comes to incest characters alot of them I don't like for one reason or another. So having other characters to keep my interest is a good thing. Not just that makes the AVN feel more alive if there is more characters to interact with.
Having other characters beside the incest ones is good and having some LI's to choose from is nice, i'm as well picky.
But too many are almost always bad, the most devs can't handle more than 4-6 main LI's and a couple of side girls. You will just end up with characters which lack any depth, as well as not enough content for these characters. It usually just gets worse down the line with all the branching.

Last edited:

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Having other characters beside the incest ones is good and having some LI's to choose from is nice, i'm as well picky.
But too many are almost always bad, the most devs can't handle more than 4-6 main LI's and a couple of side girls. You will just end up with characters which lack any depth, as well as not enough content for these characters. It usually just gets worse down the line with all the branching.
yeah I personally prefer 4, 6 is okay especially if some are gonna be incest characters but anymore and gets to be too much

Reactions: Raziel_8
4.40 star(s) 5 Votes