Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Why do they always fuck it up. :HideThePain:
Because to them it's a business decision and not a passion project like fan translations, so they just get it to "good enough" and call it a day and enjoy the extra money.

Seeing as how you are here though, Will you be updating your translation to the latest Jap ver? (v1.1.1) last checked?

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Because to them it's a business decision and not a passion project like fan translations, so they just get it to "good enough" and call it a day and enjoy the extra money.

Seeing as how you are here though, Will you be updating your translation to the latest Jap ver? (v1.1.1) last checked?
Hmm I should if this TL is shit... But I'd also just want to redo the game with GPT4... Lets wait for a few more opinions first I suppose, wanna make sure its actually unsalvageable first.

Reactions: RagueltheUFO

danadana

Aug 5, 2023
Hmm I should if this TL is shit... But I'd also just want to redo the game with GPT4... Lets wait for a few more opinions first I suppose, wanna make sure its actually unsalvageable first.
dazedanon
It's like he says, the images are good and translated but the sentences during the sex scenes are all cut to the level of just one word
just
have
vaginal
ooooo
It also has many flaws in the translation, which is too mechanical and poorly articulated, but within the bad it is understandable, the best thing is that you take a look at it with a save and see it for yourself and value it.

• Sad
Reactions: dazedanon

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
dazedanon
It's like he says, the images are good and translated but the sentences during the sex scenes are all cut to the level of just one word
just
have
vaginal
ooooo
It also has many flaws in the translation, which is too mechanical and poorly articulated, but within the bad it is understandable, the best thing is that you take a look at it with a save and see it for yourself and value it.
There's also some small bits untranslated.
Untitled.jpg

I've only played the official ver for about 15 mins before saying "nope" and going back to dazed's translation

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
There's also some small bits untranslated.
View attachment 4037757

I've only played the official ver for about 15 mins before saying "nope" and going back to dazed's translation
Oh they didn't TL those either huh. I remember this game being fairly difficult to TL but eh its a good game, deserves a GPT4 TL. I'll put it on my list of games to go back and redo. Or I could just update the current TL which might be a bit easier if the changes aren't too dramatic.

nonna.

Jun 26, 2020
The "official" translation is a bit of a mess, monica's sexual stats screen for example has all the text really small and squished.

View attachment 4037586
I just fixed the note book screen by comparing it to the old translation.
There's a lot of \n added here and there that makes it a jumbled mess.

I've yet to touch the sex scene, but I assume it's the same problem.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Oh they didn't TL those either huh. I remember this game being fairly difficult to TL but eh its a good game, deserves a GPT4 TL. I'll put it on my list of games to go back and redo. Or I could just update the current TL which might be a bit easier if the changes aren't too dramatic.
Just a curiosity thing here : how much does it cost to do a chatGPT4 translation of a game this size?

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Just a curiosity thing here : how much does it cost to do a chatGPT4 translation of a game this size?
I'd have to run another estimate. It's hard to say these days because gpt4o is so much cheaper now and my process is way more efficient than it was back then. If I had to guess, probably $50+.

Dec 7, 2018
The one thing that really bothers me about this game is.....pretty much everything is just down to luck / or lack thereof. You can do everything "right" and still get completely screwed over by RNG.

Reactions: Angelcrush

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
The one thing that really bothers me about this game is.....pretty much everything is just down to luck / or lack thereof. You can do everything "right" and still get completely screwed over by RNG.
wrong...sorta?
The rng rolls are based on the dice + MC relevent stat/10 (so 27 agility is a +2 bonus if agility is required because it's rounded down) - corruption/10.
with high enough stats (Milk, does a body good) rng becomes a complete non-issue.
so the further into the game you are, the higher your stats, the better.
If you want to raise stats, you need to buy the mama maker, which allows you to milk monica at rest spots (early on she needs to be asleep, but high affection she will do it willingly, and if breasts are at 50+ development, you can get 2 Milk... so every rest stop becomes a free +2 to all stats at that point)
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
any save with the dlc?
Please, tell me WHERE did anyone say the DLC is even released?
because it isn't.

The only thing that has been released is a Official English ver (which, unsurprisingly, is worse than the current fan/mtl/chatpgt translation)
No word about the DLC, as it is still not released yet.

Can we pimp the bitch?
Yes, sort of, just be deliberately bad at the game, the guild will get their payments one way or another, alternatively, you can be exhausted (no AP) on return from dungeon and have the inn keeper do his night attack.

4.20 star(s) 49 Votes