4.00 star(s) 82 Votes
Sep 1, 2018
Love this game, but chapter 9 has serious issues. A lot of errors, like:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/ch09/ch09_sc05.rpy", line 94, in script
    kc "[v_breathing] Y-es [v_moaning] ah, I like it. [v_moaning]"
NameError: Name 'v_breathing' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\ast.py", line 2557, in execute
    Say.execute(self)
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\ast.py", line 615, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\exports.py", line 1493, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\character.py", line 1376, in __call__
    what = self.prefix_suffix("what", self.what_prefix, what, self.what_suffix)
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\character.py", line 1290, in prefix_suffix
    return (sub(prefix) + sub(body) + sub(suffix))
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\character.py", line 1270, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\substitutions.py", line 368, in substitute
    s = interpolate(s, kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\substitutions.py", line 86, in interpolate
    raise e
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\substitutions.py", line 78, in interpolate
    value = renpy.python.py_eval(code, {}, scope)
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\python.py", line 1209, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\python.py", line 1202, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "<none>", line 1, in <module>
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\substitutions.py", line 310, in __getitem__
    raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))

Sep 1, 2018
Another thing: Does your choices matter at all? I just tried to go through the "love route" and then the "corruption route", (by picking either love or corruption consistently) but it doesn't seem to change anything of note.

xCalon

Mar 15, 2023
Love this game, but chapter 9 has serious issues. A lot of errors, like:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\ast.py", line 2557, in execute
    Say.execute(self)
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\ast.py", line 615, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\exports.py", line 1493, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\character.py", line 1376, in __call__
    what = self.prefix_suffix("what", self.what_prefix, what, self.what_suffix)
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\character.py", line 1290, in prefix_suffix
    return (sub(prefix) + sub(body) + sub(suffix))
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\character.py", line 1270, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\substitutions.py", line 368, in substitute
    s = interpolate(s, kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\substitutions.py", line 86, in interpolate
    raise e
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\substitutions.py", line 78, in interpolate
    value = renpy.python.py_eval(code, {}, scope)
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\python.py", line 1209, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\python.py", line 1202, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "<none>", line 1, in <module>
  File "D:\RENPY\Lost.at.Birth.Ch.9CE.Part2-wlm\renpy\substitutions.py", line 310, in __getitem__
    raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))
Open the ch09_sc05.rpy with notepad -> go to the 94th line -> and replace the [v_breathing] with [v_breathes] -> Save -> Try it.

Hint: Use the Ctrl+H combination in Notepad (find/replace), put the [v_breathing] in the find, and [v_breathes] in the replace box, then click the Replace all button, because [v_breathing] is a few more lines in the script.

Unfortunately, if you modify the script, there is a chance, your saves wont work properly. In this case, try to load one of the autosave file.

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
So was it confirmed that the daughter was actually our daughter?
Nope. From a believability stand point, it's not great, everyone just went with it, even the initially angry and suspicious wife. Then again a DNA test would kill the story dead, so...

Last edited:

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
Sadly one of the biggest disappointments I had in a long while...

In terms of quality it is awesome. Renders are perfect, the world, scenery, characters, sex scenes, everything is just right.

In terms of story and gameplay? So fucking dissapointing... Game from the start gives player ilussion of choice and then hits player's head with a brick of reality. It doesn't really matter if you choose to be perverted or carying father because at the end you will be forced to have sex with your (probably) daugher multiple times anyway. It also doesn't matter if you will be dominant or submissive, you will get promoted and forced to fuck your boss anyway.

It is so fucking annoying, the thing I hate most in AVNs is illusion of choice. Because of dev's failing to make decissions meaningful, MC looks like beta who does the opposite of what he wants/thinks or does what others tell him. He spams with thoughts like "oh, I will not do this or that because it is not right" but on next scene he does the opposite, already fingering/kissing/gropping/fucking Kailey, what is the point of that? Same goes with his female boss, at the end of a day he is submissive and plays her game anyway. His relation with wife is also annoying as fuck, he knows how bad heavy drinking is yet he allows her to do it. Meanwhile he tells everyone how unhappy he is, spams thoughts about how bad her drinking is and when he opens his mouth to say something, all he can say is "yes hun, of course hun, love you hun" and basically allowing her to push him around.

The worst thing is that, as I said, quality is really great even including dialogues (quality-wise, not content-wise) so the story and false sense of the importance of made decisions dissapoints even more. There are tons of shitty games in here and I couldn't care less, I'm mad when I see game with great potential wasted.

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I was going to try Oppaiman, but when I went to register, it wanted my Patreon info. Not going to happen and why would they need that info anyway?
Because you didn't pay attention. When you buy a game from Oppaiman you are subbing to that dev's Patreon. You will then be a Patreon of that dev, and you will have to cancel, that's why it does it by Patreon information.

The game is also forever in your library (and direct links from their server with super fast connection) after you cancel you sub to whatever dev and game you bought as well. You Patreon is your log information to the Oppaiman website.

sagerock820

Nov 5, 2023
Because you didn't pay attention. When you buy a game from Oppaiman you are subbing to that dev's Patreon. You will then be a Patreon of that dev, and you will have to cancel, that's why it does it by Patreon information.

The game is also forever in your library (and direct links from their server with super fast connection) after you cancel you sub to whatever dev and game you bought as well. You Patreon is your log information to the Oppaiman website.
Still don't like giving out my Patreon info to them. If I am just supporting a a specific dev, I can do that without going through them. I don't feel comfortable giving that info to them. And none of that info is on there site. I asked about it and he would not give me a straight answer.

Plus they are pushing it as a store front, if they are just linking to Patreon that is not a store.

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Still don't like giving out my Patreon info to them. If I am just supporting a a specific dev, I can do that without going through them. I don't feel comfortable giving that info to them.
You aren't giving them anything (watch careful when the Patreon windows pops up for the game you are buying) it's not any different then giving your email to sites, you are giving your Patreon information to the developer you are buying the game from...

The difference is it's a store front like Steam/Itch.io, you own the game for as long as Oppaiman stays alive (which will probably be forever since they make like $20K a month lol). When you sub runs out, you can still go to there and download the file.

iIIusory

Mar 17, 2024
i thought i was seeing things, but justine is definitely eva green

the model designs in this are top tier daz

4.00 star(s) 82 Votes