spblu

Aug 28, 2017
There's definitely not any lessons to be learned by the fact that the last post before the "I'm in debt due to declining support" was the "look guys, I've spent several months animating the billboards to light up at night".
Haha, "2018-2024" says enough on its own. Don't forget the "clouds" update too!
Don't get me wrong, little touches like that are nice and help the world feel alive but you know....priorities.

Nov 18, 2022
I definitely agree with you there. It's nice to have little visual changes here and there because in the end a video game is something you do spend time immersing yourself in but if you're going to make an update about doing tiny changes your priorities are fucked at that point. And that's the worrisome thing about their current side game designed to make money for DBA. If they can waste 6 years on doing small scale changes with the money they then had on hand (guys come the fuck on, it's two guys, why do they need a heavy budget when the patreon money is their living expenses?) then how the hell can we be sure the money from space game is going to be used to finish DBA? Yeah.

Reactions: spblu

Antman63995

Aug 24, 2018
Finish the game, then do little visual upgrades. Nobody would be complaining if the game was already finished and out with free patches. But hey, it's a "game first"... Nobody is playing for the bad mini games sorry to say.

Reactions: spblu

Urizen

May 28, 2018
The Dandy Boy Adventures experience:

1. Dev puts up a nice premise and art;
2. People like it and the game starts making money;
3. Dev shoves in easy minigames / controversial stories;
4. Half the people bitch about: "No I can't replay a minigame a few times until I beat it! This is bullshit!" / "You can't have another dude grabbing one of the MILFs ass! That's ntr!";
5. Dev adds a lazy way to skip (at least one of) the minigames / removes the character's entire story and adds a few nice visual changes that don't make any relevant difference;
6. The other half complains about lack of content;
7. Dev profits over all of it;
8. We get to see all that shit over and over again for six fucking years

yercat

Dec 6, 2017
I've just got in here out of curiosity because i didn't hear anything of the game for a while, and "ohh, what a surprise" the devs fucked up with money and the content for the game. Is it really that hard to no spend money on what it's not necessary? Like, they rented a fucking Office, couldn't they just have meetings in a bar/coffee shop or maybe this would sound really crazy but, THEY LIVE IN A HOUSE AND COULDN'T AFFORD TO MEET THERE FOR WORKING TOGETHER? Good god, some devs are just so fucking stupid, they start to see money flowing and think "yeah, this will never stop no matter what", and even make stupid updates that are no fucking needed to be thought until you finish the main game.

GOD

oldstrong

Aug 2, 2018
Why focusing on rework a far from finishing game?

Can't you just finishing the fuck story then work on the art improvements?

I'm starting to avoid 2d games because its always the same, artits gets better at drawing and then his focus evaporate.

ChudBuddy

Apr 18, 2023
While some may disagree, i think avoiding 2D is not the answer but avoiding western devs is :ROFLMAO:
Japanese ones aren't perfect but most slop they release is completed.

Reactions: yercat

Iceloo

Sep 20, 2019
Would be cool if he gave us access to the game so the community can mod it and keep it alive during the onhold period.

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
Prob a frustrated dev that no one cared about his game, not even to share it on a piracy forum.
Doubt it. most likely using the "If I say I am one, that makes me look like I know what I'm talking about." form of argument. They know short of doxxing them, you can't say 100% if they are lying or not so it's kind of the go to method for those with no real argument on the internet.

4.00 star(s) 69 Votes