somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
On Twitter/X someone asked.

Jun 16
When does the update come out or will it still take a while to arrive?

DandyBoyOni
Jun 16
The progress is slow. We simply don't have the funds to develop it. 1.8K minus taxes hardly covers 2 man team bills, but obviously I'm not giving up on something I worked hard for the past 6 years. It's not a question of whether it'll be released, but when.

Nov 18, 2022
No, iirc there's a box or something that you need to push on another box as you move it over there. Definitely doable, had this same thought you had.

But tbh, this is a general problem for DBA. A lot of "puzzles" are absurd at times, like the puzzle at Dex's basement was painful to control. And I heard plenty of mobile players wanted to give up.

Zkorey

Feb 28, 2018
after i talk to everyone and light up the house. i can't do nothing else in the map.. when i try to enter some rooms in the house say's in the cmd ''error can't find the room''

Bbruv

Mar 25, 2024
Is there a way to play those AV cassettes you buy at that secret store ? Or are they just there to buy them

ceremor

Mar 29, 2023

Jun 16

DandyBoyOni
Jun 16
The progress is slow. We simply don't have the funds to develop it. 1.8K minus taxes hardly covers 2 man team bills, but obviously I'm not giving up on something I worked hard for the past 6 years. It's not a question of whether it'll be released, but when.
haha of course hes gonna say that but also forgets to mention that its gonna take 6 more years so people still pay his scammy ass

Oct 17, 2018

Jun 16

DandyBoyOni
Jun 16
7 years and they still cant decide on how map design looks for every area or even having half of the paths done by now? it's so going to be abandoned its not funny. they used to make so much more (about almost 4k) but the issue of them taking whole years for barely any progress is what drove people away. I used to love this game too, but my god did they milk it, i even learned how engine tweaking works in the time it took. spoilers, if its a small work load and you're not purposely fucking around with it, it only takes a few months, and that's not to mention how little new art is being made and since most of the story lines are just reused facial expressions with maybe like 3 or 4 new pieces of art/animation. also notice how he didn't even directly address the question and goes straight to blaming funding and whether of not the game will be finished. yet in the past they were able to do more with less funds in only a few months. I also seen posts on his patreon a few months ago suggesting this update is almost done...at this point it feels like an end of the year forceful obligation rather a passion project :HideThePain: sorry about the rant, i'm not going to talk about this game anymore, it brings headaches.

tretch95

Nov 5, 2022
7 years and they still cant decide on how map design looks for every area or even having half of the paths done by now? it's so going to be abandoned its not funny. they used to make so much more (about almost 4k) but the issue of them taking whole years for barely any progress is what drove people away. I used to love this game too, but my god did they milk it, i even learned how engine tweaking works in the time it took. spoilers, if its a small work load and you're not purposely fucking around with it, it only takes a few months, and that's not to mention how little new art is being made and since most of the story lines are just reused facial expressions with maybe like 3 or 4 new pieces of art/animation. also notice how he didn't even directly address the question and goes straight to blaming funding and whether of not the game will be finished. yet in the past they were able to do more with less funds in only a few months. I also seen posts on his patreon a few months ago suggesting this update is almost done...at this point it feels like an end of the year forceful obligation rather a passion project :HideThePain: sorry about the rant, i'm not going to talk about this game anymore, it brings headaches.
No need to be sorry, you are 100% correct about this.

If this is a home-made game, then any claims about "funding" are also fake. Making a game in your spare time is about how much time you can and want to invest. Having more money makes no difference, unless it is enough to quit your job, pay employees, or at least pay for commissions.

Yet apparently the dev does have enough time to make these completely unsolicited halloween / x-mas minigames.

arigatogyro

Jun 27, 2017

Jun 16

DandyBoyOni
Jun 16
removing content from your game does not help with this

4.00 star(s) 69 Votes