Votes: 36 4.4%
  • A bit of both?

Votes: 310 37.5%

• Total voters

CaptainBl00d

Game Developer
Oct 5, 2023
Man, it feels good to be back on this beautiful thread :love:

Hey, everyone! Just wrote a post on my Boosty page considering my plans for this month, and my future overall (don't worry, it's a free post, everyone can read it).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'll try to contact him here.
Yeah, I remember reading your message, man.

Sorry guys, I haven't been too active on F95 in recent months. I'll try to be more active, though.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, you can always message me on Boosty even if you just follow me (for free).

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
Man, it feels good to be back on this beautiful thread :love:

Hey, everyone! Just wrote a post on my Boosty page considering my plans for this month, and my future overall (don't worry, it's a free post, everyone can read it).

Yeah, I remember reading your message, man.

Sorry guys, I haven't been too active on F95 in recent months. I'll try to be more active, though.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, you can always message me on Boosty even if you just follow me (for free).
That's awesome news CaptainBl00d. Very keen to see future updates.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

CaptainBl00d

Game Developer
Oct 5, 2023
Hey, guys! How is it going?

Today, I'm happy to announce a release date for the next version of "I Need A Hero!".

I won't spoil anything about the new version, but let me tell you, the update is pretty big. The story progresses further, we meet a new character, plus I'm remaking some old models and scenes to fit the new updated artstyle.

Did I say I won't spoil anything? Okay, maybe just one thing... meet the new, updated version of White Witch! Her name is Naomi, and as you can tell, she works as a nurse!

bg naominurse6.png

Right, now to the main part. The update is coming on 08/09/2024 (8th of September)! Yep, that soon!

I'm very excited to share the update with you. Stay tuned! And thank you!

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
Hey, guys! How is it going?

Today, I'm happy to announce a release date for the next version of "I Need A Hero!".

I won't spoil anything about the new version, but let me tell you, the update is pretty big. The story progresses further, we meet a new character, plus I'm remaking some old models and scenes to fit the new updated artstyle.

Did I say I won't spoil anything? Okay, maybe just one thing... meet the new, updated version of White Witch! Her name is Naomi, and as you can tell, she works as a nurse!

View attachment 3981832

Right, now to the main part. The update is coming on 08/09/2024 (8th of September)! Yep, that soon!

I'm very excited to share the update with you. Stay tuned! And thank you!
excited-anna-frozen.gif

CaptainBl00d

Game Developer
Oct 5, 2023
bg cherylpool2.png

I Need A Hero 0.30 is out on my page!

Changelog:

-all character sprites updated to fit into new art style;
-a small change to Jenny's appearance;
-a complete "rework" of White Witch's appearance;
-fixed a bug with corruption/love routes, now routes work properly;
-5 new animations: 3 with Cheryl (Cheryl fans eating good tonight!), 1 with Miss Wilson and 1 with Jenny;
-plenty of choices that affect the story, one major choice at the end of the update;
-continuation of the story;
-other minor changes;

CaptainBl00d

Game Developer
Oct 5, 2023
Hey, hey! How is it going?

The public 0.30 version will be dropped within the next few days, so stay tuned for that!

Also, I just dropped a new post with a bonus art pack and a couple of details about the next update.

Basically, 0.35 version is already WIP. A lot of cool stuff is planned: a new mechanic that will allow the player to earn money, outfits for characters (what else would you spend your money on? xd), and a BIG twist in the story!

...I have a bit of a dilemma here. Creating new content takes time - creating and polishing art, writing code, script and e.t.c. Remaking old content takes less time - but obviously no one would want an update with zero progress in the story! I will create a poll and let you guys decide - what should I focus on? Progressing the story or remaking the old scenes? Or doing a bit of both? I would appreciate your help!

I thank you for every single reaction, comment and view, even if you cannot support me on Boosty, just showing your appreciation in any kind of way means a lot to me.

Peace and love to y'all! And stay tuned!

Knightcvel

Jan 13, 2019

The public 0.30 version will be dropped within the next few days, so stay tuned for that!

Also, I just dropped a new post with a bonus art pack and a couple of details about the next update.

Basically, 0.35 version is already WIP. A lot of cool stuff is planned: a new mechanic that will allow the player to earn money, outfits for characters (what else would you spend your money on? xd), and a BIG twist in the story!

Progressing the story or remaking the old scenes? Or doing a bit of both? I would appreciate your help!
Progressing! It is already excellent as it was. It will be better if you keep the same art style and go on adding more content.

Reactions: atkoat

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
...I have a bit of a dilemma here. Creating new content takes time - creating and polishing art, writing code, script and e.t.c. Remaking old content takes less time - but obviously no one would want an update with zero progress in the story! I will create a poll and let you guys decide - what should I focus on? Progressing the story or remaking the old scenes? Or doing a bit of both? I would appreciate your help!
Progressing for me. I had no problem with what you've already done and I'm keen to see where the story goes. :) But I do understand the pain of putting out something you are not happy with.

Ramen Rena

Jun 29, 2017

I thank you for every single reaction, comment and view, even if you cannot support me on Boosty, just showing your appreciation in any kind of way means a lot to me.

Peace and love to y'all! And stay tuned!
Hey got a question are you planning a route where we support the mighty four? I mean they can't be everywhere and those without power can't possibly understand the strain and pressure, what it truly takes to be a hero; besides it's not like vermilion didn't have a plan to cause destruction regardless of whether they had went to stop the robot or not, the villain is just attacking their reputation. The Pink 'fake' heroine who saves you could have easily become a hero to spare others the pain and help out but made the choice not to.

P.S. - Abusing power?! oh please Pinkie is just a villain through and through, she's just twisting words into fancy lie to paint her sadistic desires in a better light. This is about her running from the truth, that SHE is the one who failed, SHE is the one who choose a dark path. Azalea could have become a sexy version of batman, but she doesn't care about 'helping' or 'freedom' no as I said Azalea's just another villain, remove everything else and she is just a someone who didn't have the courage to stand up and walk the hard path of a hero and instead is trying to tear everyone else down, so she can feel better about herself.

P.S.S. - I adore your game and would love to be able to knock up a girl of my romantic choosing as a game feature.

Last edited:

Fyridian

Sep 9, 2017
After playing the update, maybe I’m in the minority but I personally think the old art style looks better. I think character faces + hair were hurt the most.

The colors in the old style were more vibrant and rich and had more shading. One example:
cheerleader3.png cheerleader3.png

The colors in the new (right) sprite look washed out compared to the old (left) one. Eyes are dull, hair is pale, and the skin tone is all the same white color. Facial features have fewer lines, shading and shadow detail. Same goes for the scenes. faces also look much younger and more anime or cartoon-like.

I remember the dev said the new style was better for development so I’m not necessarily trying to push for a revert to the old style, but from a viewer perspective it looks like a step down in quality and uniqueness.

CaptainBl00d

Game Developer
Oct 5, 2023
Hey got a question are you planning a route where we support the mighty four? I mean they can't be everywhere and those without power can't possibly understand the strain and pressure, what it truly takes to be a hero; besides it's not like vermilion didn't have a plan to cause destruction regardless of whether they had went to stop the robot or not, the villain is just attacking their reputation. The Pink 'fake' heroine who saves you could have easily become a hero to spare others the pain and help out but made the choice not to.

P.S. - Abusing power?! oh please Pinkie is just a villain through and through, she's just twisting words into fancy lie to paint her sadistic desires in a better light. This is about her running from the truth, that SHE is the one who failed, SHE is the one who choose a dark path. Azalea could have become a sexy version of batman, but she doesn't care about 'helping' or 'freedom' no as I said Azalea's just another villain, remove everything else and she is just a someone who didn't have the courage to stand up and walk the hard path of a hero and instead is trying to tear everyone else down, so she can feel better about herself.

P.S.S. - I adore your game and would love to be able to knock up a girl of my romantic choosing as a game feature.
Hey!

There will be different choices that will lead to different endings (in fact, there is one already). There will be one specific major choice that will let you kinda... side with them? But the main focus of the game is capturing superheroines still, so...

After playing the update, maybe I’m in the minority but I personally think the old art style looks better. I think character faces + hair were hurt the most.

The colors in the old style were more vibrant and rich and had more shading. One example:
View attachment 4041765 View attachment 4041766

The colors in the new (right) sprite look washed out compared to the old (left) one. Eyes are dull, hair is pale, and the skin tone is all the same white color. Facial features have fewer lines, shading and shadow detail. Same goes for the scenes. faces also look much younger and more anime or cartoon-like.

I remember the dev said the new style was better for development so I’m not necessarily trying to push for a revert to the old style, but from a viewer perspective it looks like a step down in quality and uniqueness.
Hi!

I agree with some of your points. The old style had its own flavor and unique features, no doubt. However, the new style is miles better in terms of overall quality. It has this cartoon-ish flavor like you mentioned, but that was kinda... what I was going for? A mix between Disney/Pixar western animation with a sprinkle of anime.

Yeah, I said that this style was better for the development, but not only that - it's way better for creating NSFW scenes, which is a big thing when you're making a... NSFW game xd

There is no going back to the old style, because that specific version of it has changed. However, if there are any specific things you would like to see improved, I would gladly try to do that.

Thank you for your feedback!

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Alternation62

Mar 7, 2019
Hey!

There will be different choices that will lead to different endings (in fact, there is one already). There will be one specific major choice that will let you kinda... side with them? But the main focus of the game is capturing superheroines still, so...

Hi!

I agree with some of your points. The old style had its own flavor and unique features, no doubt. However, the new style is miles better in terms of overall quality. It has this cartoon-ish flavor like you mentioned, but that was kinda... what I was going for? A mix between Disney/Pixar western animation with a sprinkle of anime.

Yeah, I said that this style was better for the development, but not only that - it's way better for creating NSFW scenes, which is a big thing when you're making a... NSFW game xd

There is no going back to the old style, because that specific version of it has changed. However, if there are any specific things you would like to see improved, I would gladly try to do that.

Since you're redoing stuff, would you consider adding the option to change the MC's name?

Reactions: Jedi_Ninja81

Fyridian

Sep 9, 2017
Hey!

Hi!

Some post-processing might go well with the new art. For example, a bit more color saturation would add a little depth to some of the colors for the eyes/skin etc. That’s just my opinion, but in any case I’m happy to see continued development of the game!

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Take on the role of a man with no superpowers, find formidable allies, and use every opportunity to take down those who abuse their power.
And you take down those who abuse their power by abusing power.......

It's quite amusing how the title and overview make it look like you are doing heroic things then you click the spoiler and it's the basic plot for a villain corruption game.

3.50 star(s) 10 Votes