Ren'Py - Holiday Island [v0.4.5.1] [darkhound1]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Unde8d

-Boring Mc with zero depth
    - The girls all have the same personality with that make you fall asleep
    - Most of this game is just grinding for multiple hours and days to increase your stats and the girls affection etc and most of the time its not even rewarding because all they do is tease the mc and show cleavage and thats it.

The only good thing about this game are the models, the other stuff just have no thought put into them.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

firesign

Lots of content, but very grindy and the content is all very similar. Also more breast-obsessed than most people are probably into, and the MC is so passive that the game can be considered femdom. But if those are your thing, maybe give it a try.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

hagilutu

My favourite game! :D Cause it s full of big boobs and excellent story, nice sandstorm, the mechanics are good, the animations, love it. So beautiful models, so much content, the dream job is included!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

BlueCrystal

The girls are hot, you get to choose body preference, you get to choose your favourites, it's simple and enjoyable. The grind may be a bit too much, but everything else is fun and enjoyable. Easy 5 stars.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Diamahri

Despite some of the models being questionable, I really do love this game because it's such a huge sandbox with an absolute ton of content to find and unlock. If cheats didn't exist, this might be a 2/5 for how terrible a grind it would be.

That said, a lot of content can be a nightmare to unlock since you need to fill such specific criteria. Even when you think you've filled it, it just won't work.

Ivy tho <3
  6. 2.00 star(s)

OnyxShadow

This game has so much potential, but its mostly just frustrating. The girls are super hot. The sex that's there is pretty good. And there really is quite a bit of content even if a LOT of it is just fluff (i.e. 300 different variations of groping).

The main issue is how insanely specific the parameters are for unlocking content. Needing to meet a specific character, at a specific time, in a specific place, alone, with her wearing a specific clothing set, having finished a specific quest, having done the interaction multiple times previously, having her stats/status being at a certain level, hitting an RNG check, having your own stats/status be at a certain level, and then taking the correct specific options during the scene...all to get a new titjob...is just abysmal design.

And after all that, most of the good stuff isn't really repeatable. Just let me show up to a girls room and ask to bang (especially if we've already hooked up numerous times). The fact that such a basic and core aspect of a sandbox sex game STILL doesn't exist is just ludicrous.

TLDR: Stop locking new content behind 14 different checkboxes. Let us hook up freely. Don't add anymore tease/foreplay content as its already bloated with that.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

-samael-

This game is amazing! Sexy girls! A lot of content! Sandbox, good art. The whole package! Hours and hours of fun! Is on my top tier games for sure! Congrats to Dev! I thought I had already reviewed this game before, but apparently not. So here goes. A solid 5!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

imperfectgold97

Great game. Maybe a little more animation, and possibly making the MC’s member slightly bigger and a little more defined looks like a polish sausage lol, but not complaining. Lots to do. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to an update.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

AWood

This game is the golden standard for big boobs, sandbox games. The animations are excellent, there's a lot of different women to interact with, and the grinds is kept to a minimum. Sure, it's damn easy, but the whole point is getting these cuties naked, and that's all there is to it!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Gimpster

best sandbox ever made ... ignore the ppl who say they cant work it out or the hint are not good enough ... useing your brain and reading is the key ... let me help new ppl .. once your start open the phone .. bottom left button char info for girls .. click it ... look top right .. click red hints button on .. npw below that 2 prange buttons .. click till clapper board comes up .. your welcome ... use these hints along with the quest list and you can cut 80% of the grind ... learn how to max the stats fast .....the ppl who say thay cant work itout or its a massive grind .. i dunno what to tell them ... maybe learn to use your brain .. i finished the entire game over a weekend and i wasnt rushing .... i highly recomend this .... but remeber .. you complete anty task or quest and read the quest list and the hints again things pop up once you finish then alo of times
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Fribar

I’ve played the games several times over the course of the years and I really like the game.

The progression system is very rewarding, creates good attachment to the girls before anything happens.

Its a good grind as some people say and to be honest if it wasnt for the companion mod I probably wouldn’t play the game anymore because at this point its just too tedious to keep up with the amount of content.

Like I said, there is alot of content.. ALOT, I remember spending nights just trying to unlock scenes for a single girl (especially amy)

The graphics and animation are okay, you can tell the game has been in development for a long time.. 7 years I think? Graphics were nice at the time but now they’re quite behind.

Theres a few thing I’d love added/implemented..

Maybe I am blind but I havnt found a way to skip the day other than skipping 30 minutes at a time, it gets really annoying when you are trying to unlock stuff at certain days (like when yumiko is working or when you need to skip weeks for the doctor events)

Also I wished some character got some love, the most realistic womens like Lacey, Renee, Brenda and the doctor’s daughter…

And my personal favorite (Yumiko) really needs more love haha!(thankfully she just got some)

I really dislike the hunger and shower system, I understand why they are there but if I could toggle off all those stats I would.

Anyways I think the 4/5 stars suit this game, id say maybe 8.5 stars even.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

CallumChambo

I've been playing Holiday Island since it first came out, and I absolutely love it. As a patron, I've played through the entire game many times.

The art, animation, and story are so captivating that it's the only game I really play.

Some people complain about the grind, but I actually enjoy it. Getting to know the girls before you can have sex with them makes the game more rewarding. And for those who say there's no sex in the game, I can assure you there is! You just have to work for it.

A woman called Joy runs the island, and you're the only male there. As you meet the girls, you uncover the mystery of why you're there.

Holiday Island is a giant sandbox with an average of 50 PLUS achievements or whatever they are per girl. There's so much to do that it takes about 300 in-game days to unlock all of the achievements.
  13. 1.00 star(s)

Ravenquartz

You know, I used to dislike people who said "I hate sandbox games" because there's a lot of them that are good out there. But after trying this one, now I get their resentment against it.

I don't mind sandbox-type games, really. But this one is probably the only exception. The grinding is very, very unbearable and almost consumed most of my time in vain. I've been in the island for more than 10 days and I barely scratch the surface. The in-game guide/task is very confusing, it won't tell me in details on what should I do next. Using cheats only help you a little, it won't solve most of your problems.

I swear I feel like a gay dude in this game because I don't know how to advance my relationship with one of them. Uninstalled.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

aboding

Masterpieces~~I really like the days on the island. And the different girls are so attracted to me. But I am looking forward to the good ending for my holiday life. My favorite role is Amy~And the cheat mod is benefitful for my experience.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

paulinha771

Very good game, you can choose the body types of the girls you want on your island and add some more if you change your mind as you progress through the game. something for everyone. of course you always need a guide to play games like these, but it has a built in one. The MC is complete garbage which is unfortunate as otherwise its a great game with a lot of content. Apparently som render have bee "re-done" although they have always looked the same to me apart from the new content.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

caboose807

Love the images and animations; lots of great character models. there is a mountain of content in the game and it is engaging for the player as there are plenty of events that occur naturally so that you can get an introduction to each character.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

dan.roberts4

I've been playing this game for a month. It is packed with content, and although there is a lot of grind, it's a satisfying grind, and you earn everything you see. Also the developer has hints available for all of it...which I didn't notice until last night. Which didn't annoy me, this game has achieved a very high score in my book for immersion. I'm in it. The story ain't at all bad, and it's all aimed at keeping the player turned on. It can be overwhelming, so much you can do everyday. Very grateful for all the work put into this, this ain't no amateur production. One of the very best adult games I've played. Very grateful!!
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Matthieu80

It's the best game I've ever played. The characters are excellent and the gameplay enjoyable. I'm looking forward to the next update. I'll definitely be supporting the game because it deserves it. Thanks also to the community for allowing me to unlock all the images in the game. Even though I've completely finished it, I still play it from time to time because I like it so much.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Eruillu

Incredible game, ton of contents, super sexy woman with great curves and huge boobs. Faye and Yvette ++++
    Clearly one of the all-time game in f95zone and it's still in development and constanly improving
  20. 5.00 star(s)

akeighjy

The game has a solid sandbox idea and it works perfectly well in the holiday island setting.
    The amount of content is very good although it is still in development. I am very looking forward to the new content (girls / scenes) that will be added.
    I did not encounter any bugs (after ~5 hours played).
    Keep up the good work.