VN Others Completed Demonheart: The Ice Demon [v1.0.2] [Rolling Crown]

rhapsody1991

May 29, 2021
For those interested: According to the Steam page there is also a female romance option, though it's labeled a "bonus romantic ending" so it might have less content perhaps.

Edit: According to the Dev the route has less romantic interactions. Also, though this might be a misconception on my end, there is a certain chance the female romance is locked behind having sex with the human male & then getting some sorta potion to avoid pregnancy and from there getting intimate with the female character. I say "misconception" because I haven't found anyone confirming or denying that there is another way to get to the f/f ending. According to reviews the game is rather short and pretty linear though, with only a very few (like 3 or 4) actual decisions that have any impact on anything, so I feel like there's a decent chance the lesbian romance is locked behind having sex with the specific male one, which for a decent chunk of people probably defies the whole point.
Thank you, saved me a download and disappointing experience.

anon3213

Nov 13, 2017
Never played any of these visual novels. But I played the original Neverwinter Nights module for Demonheart and it was pretty good.

Reactions: menatv

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
the original Neverwinter Nights module for Demonheart was pretty good.
Naw, can't let you say that, at least not without providing some nuance.

When I played the Demonheart NWN module, I remember it being bugged, and largely unfinished. Even just the story, for what existed of it, didn't hold a candle to ADWR or other less adult-oriented modules, like Stephan Gagne's gems.

The author is known to be the post child for creating games in which none of the player choices ever matter, while one of her brooding "bad boyz", half-demon here (and ice-demon, srsly?), hunter before, would recurrently have free reign in abusing the female MC, no matter what the player had in mind for her psyche or reactions. Of course the player, like her, should find such an experience oh so thrilling and "sexy", despite being largely one-dimensional and insipid.

As other comments above mine indicate, other LIs like the female thief, or just any deviation from the female MC "falling" to the fetish character that the author will have designated, are being relegated to window-dressing.

Fake choices are a bane to all RPGs/VNs. Even for the target audience of specific content such as this one, let's say closet masochists, there are much better visual novels or otomes to play.

PS: Also we're in 2024. Only unexperienced authors still persist in creating pure VNs with Unity instead of RenPy.

Last edited:

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
I have a complicated relationship with this game series. I quite enjoyed the original Demonheart, jumped immediately to the sequel (which was the only sequel available at the time), which was an RPGM game (and is curiously not available here) and found it to be a huge disappointment all the way through until near the end, where it turned from "Pretty Ok but a huge disappointment compared to the 1st game" into one of my most hated gaming experiences ever, due to an absolutely atrocious plot twist that royally pissed me off and didn't even make any sense (the betrayal. You know the one). Since then I basically quit following the series. So I wonder which quality camp the later games fall into...

melly82

Dec 29, 2019
Please if anyone likes the Demonheart series please consider supporting Lamb. Lamb has a itch.io page and if ya buy off itch.io each of Lamb's come with a steam key . Forgive me I am a huge fan of Lambs works .

Jonathan Y

Dec 1, 2020
Please if anyone likes the Demonheart series please consider supporting Lamb. Lamb has a itch.io page and if ya buy off itch.io each of Lamb's come with a steam key . Forgive me I am a huge fan of Lambs works .
I agree wholeheartedly they are genuinely talented.

Reactions: C-Time

Geigi

Jul 7, 2017
Don't they have another one in early access ? Been a while since I checked but I'm hyped for that one too !
Me too! Although, based on the player's comments on steam and itch, they are not thrilled that Lamb has gone to assertive/villain protagonist to a meek/damsel in distress type.

Last edited:

Jonathan Y

Dec 1, 2020
Me too! Although, based on the player's comments on steam and itch, they are not thrilled that Lamb has gone to assertive/villain protagonist to a meek/damsel in distress type.
Damn really ? so it's no longer as open to choices as Demonheart ? Pity